Facility Users and Event Liability Insurance is an insurance program available for the users of municipal and public facilities. This program provides insurance against claims that may arise out of Festivals, Sporting Activities, Social Gatherings, General meetings and many other types of facility use including some sporting groups that can be covered for claims that arise out of the events or short term facility use where permitting is required.
Why do I need Event Insurance?
Accidents happen. You may or may not be sued, however knowing you are protected from frivolous or nuisance claims arising from your negligence will be your peace of mind when permitting a public access property. A liability policy will pay for Defence and any costs lodged against you should you be found responsible for the property damages or the bodily injury. The intention of this program is to cover the “Insured’ against legal liability arising from third parties such as: spectators, passers-by, property owners and others suffering from injuries that may have be caused by your activities.
Coverage will only take place when the facilities are rented by the Tenants/Users/Lessees for Short-Term Special Events and/or Activities, and are specific to the described activity on the application.
The Tenants/Users/Lessees of the Facility will name the Municipality as “Named Insured’s” on the Facility Users Policy. The Owner/Operator of the Facility is listed as an Additional Insured for no extra charge. “Named Insured” is Permit Holder and participating members which may include Executives, Managers, Coaches, Trainers and Volunteers while acting within the scope of their duties.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Canada Inc. will issue a Certificate of Insurance to the User of the Facility, when specifically requested. This is at no additional cost to the insured. “Additional Insured” requirements are also provided at no additional cost.
All Rates are based upon limits of liability: $5,000,000 or $10,000,000.
The policy also includes the following:
- Non-Owned Automobile liability including Damage to Hired Autos (SEF #94) and excluding Long-term Leased Vehicles (SEF #99).
- Tenants Legal Liability.
- Medical Payments to Injured Persons.
- Intentional Injury but only to protect Persons and/or Property.
- Broad Definition of “Named Insured” to include the Organization and any Director, Executive Officer, Employee, Committee Member, Office Holder, Manager, Coach or Trainer.
- Blanket Contractual Liability.
- Incidental Medical Malpractice Liability.
- Professional Liability arising from the actions of coaches/instructors/trainers (paid or unpaid).
- Non-owned Watercraft up to 8 meters in length and not used to carry fare-paying passengers.
- Personal and Advertising Injury.
Insurable Event Characteristics
The Facility Users Program covers activities taking place at the following venues:
- Community Hall/Community Centre;
- Recreation Centre;
- Main Street/Neighborhood;
- General Public Premises;
- Recreation Centre;
- Municipal Property;
- Municipal Roads;
- Municipal Forest;
- Municipal Soccer Field;
- And Many More!
Major Event Insurance Endorsements
- Definition of Insured
- Incidental Medical Malpractice Injury
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Ultimate Net Loss Clause
- Security Default Cancellation Clause
- Service of Suit Clause (Canada) (Action Against Insurer)
- Notice Concerning Personal Information
- Notice to Insureds
- Non-Accumulation of Limits
Major Event Insurance Exclusions
- Professional Services Exclusion
- Exclusion for Injury or Property Damage to Participants(Unless specifically included in Coverage Declarations)
- War and Terrorism Exclusion
- Toxic Mould Exclusion
Please view the complete Local Community General Liability Policy Wording. If you do not wish to view this policy wording via the Internet or wish to receive a copy of the policy wording by mail, please contact Local Community Insurance Services at the contact numbers shown in the Help Available Here section.
This description is issued as a matter of information only and for full terms and conditions you should refer to the policy wording.
We accept no responsibility whatsoever for any inadvertent or negligent act, error or omission on our part in preparing these statements or for any loss, damage or expense thereby occasioned to any recipient of this notice.