This policy provides your club or community group with indemnity against all sums which you become legally liable to pay by way of compensation for bodily injury and/or property damage to the public resulting from an occurrence which arises from your negligence or the negligence of your members, including voluntary workers, engaged on behalf of the club or community group.
The policy also includes the following:
- Non-Owned Automobile liability including Damage to Hired Autos (SEF #94) and excluding Long-term Leased Vehicles (SEF #99)
- Tenants Legal Liability
- Medical Payments to Injured Persons
- Intentional Injury but only to protect Persons and/or Property
- Broad Definition of “Named Insured” to include the Organization and any Director, Executive Officer, Employee, Committee Member, Office Holder, Manager, Coach or Trainer
- Blanket Contractual Liability
- Incidental Medical Malpractice Liability
- Professional Liability arising from the actions of coaches/instructors/trainers (paid or unpaid)
- Non-owned Watercraft up to 8 meters in length and not used to carry fare-paying passengers
- Personal and Advertising Injury
Some of the major policy exclusions to note are as follows:
- Product Defect and Faulty Workmanship
- Ownership, use and operation of Aircraft and/or Aircraft Landing Premises
- Ownership, use and operation of Watercraft (except Non-Owned Watercraft as noted above)
- Ownership, use and operation of Automobiles
- Professional Liability (except Incidental Medical Malpractice Liability as noted above)
- Pollution (Hostile Fire not excluded)
- Fungi and Spores and Toxic Mould
- Punitive or Exemplary Damages
- Physical, sexual or mental abuse
- War or Terrorism
- Injury to participants in any game, match, race, practice, trial, or other sporting activity (including but not limited to swimming, gymnastics, health and fitness activities)
Please click below to view a complete copy of the Local Community General Liability Insurance Policy wording. If you do not wish to view this policy wording via the Internet or wish to receive a copy of the policy wording by mail, please contact Local Community Insurance Services at the contact numbers shown in the Help Available Here section.
This description is issued as a matter of information only and for full terms and conditions you should refer to the policy wording.
We accept no responsibility whatsoever for any inadvertent or negligent act, error or omission on our part in preparing these statements or for any loss, damage or expense thereby occasioned to any recipient of this notice.